Friday, August 19, 2016

Presley's Second Week



Presley's second week has been great! She has been opening her eyes more and being more attentive. She also wants to be held a lot more. The bottle-feeding of the breast milk for the middle of the night feedings has been very helpful. I was lucky one day and she slept four hours straight! My breast milk has come in even more. Occasionally, I have been able to pump 3 oz total, but my usual amount is 2 oz.  I haven't been able to pump enough to freeze the breast milk, but hopefully soon I will be. 

We go to the doctors next Thursday and our goal is for her to gain at least 5 ounces. She didn't gain their expected amount and they want me to start supplementing formula. I really don't want to do that, so I am going to try to feed her more and hopefully produce more milk. However, if I don't gain the goal amount I might have to consider it. She is having regular bowel movements, but I will do what is best for her. Wish me luck that she gains the weight and won't have to introduce formula. 

A big accomplishment this week was her umbilical cord fell out. Now, bath time will get a little easier. Not sure if she is going to have an innie or an outie belly button yet, but right now it is an innie. 


Such a daddy's girl already 

Having fun on the piano mat

Such a precious smile! 

Loves looking at her pretty self! 

Presley's likes:

  • Be held
  • Cuddle time
  • Tummy time 
  • Pacifier 
  • Bouncer
  • Bath time
Presley's Dislikes:

  • Being changed
  • Getting her blood drawn


No comments:

Post a Comment