Saturday, August 27, 2016

Presley's Third Week


Presley's third week went better than expected. We had a doctors appointment to check her weight gain and she did better than I though. She went up 8 oz! All the pumping and late night feedings have paid off! I really did not want to supplement her feedings with formula like the doctor wanted me to. She is up to 3 oz of breast milk in each feeding, but I am sure if I gave her more she would eat that too. She has a big appetite like her momma. 

This week I've tried to feed her an extra ounce before bed in hopes to keep her sleeping a little longer at night and I think it helps. I can get around 4 hours of sleep before she starts to wake up. Our routine is getting better. I know it is still too early to have a straight 6-8 hours of sleep and I only dream of the day that I can have that. 

This week my dad came into town to see Presley. It has been nice having an extra set of hands, especially when John's been gone back to work. He has offered to take a night shift for me, but since I have to wake up to pump in the middle of the night it's hard to except it. But it has been nice knowing I can leave him to watch her while I try to catch up on some extras Z's.


I have noticed that Presley is getting stronger every day. She can hold her head up on her own for at least 10 seconds. I'm incorporating tummy time every day and can't wait until she can do more activities  with it. I have noticed some more personality traits coming in and she is smiling a lot more :) 

Here is a comparison to my baby picture and hers. I do think we look more alike than I thought. 


Presley's likes:
  • Cuddle time
  • Pacifier
  • Bath time
  • Feeding
  • Swing
Presley's Dislikes:
  • When her pacifier falls out



No comments:

Post a Comment